Part Time Developer
Junior Web Developer
Markup Design is rapidly growing and looking for a junior developer to join the team on a part-time basis. This position is for someone who is looking to join a small but experienced team to broaden their skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to start their journey as a web developer while working for a fast-growing digital agency in Suffolk.
Why Join Markup Design?
We at Markup Design do things differently, we are flexible when it comes to working and provide an exciting place to work. We reward our team when we all do well and that’s how we believe we can succeed.
You will be working in a great environment in Bury St Edmunds with the ability to work from home on occasions.
You will be working on exciting projects and managing existing clients. Some examples include:
- Developing WordPress and eCommerce websites.
- Good communications skills, communicating with clients via email or telephone.
- Supporting and making changes to existing client websites.
- Taking designs from PDFs and building them into HTML/CSS templates.
- Writing and using PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS and WordPress functions.
- Tracking down bugs on existing websites and resolving them.
- Experience with cPanel, domain records, putting websites live.
- SEO, Social Media, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design experience is a bonus.
We don’t look for fancy degree’s or qualifications that have been rotting in your draws ever since you got them we care about what you know and what you can do.
So if you have a “yes” attitude to learning and trying new things, are willing to learn we would love to hear from you.
Clean development is something we really care about so a sharp eye for design and making websites “pixel perfect” is a huge bonus.
You’ll need website development experience however you may have gained it and we will help you build on that.
We will ask to see some of your previous website projects.
Benefits and Pay
This position will be based on a part-time basis (zero-hour contract) for the time being. As we grow this may change and we may be able to offer a full-time position on a salary based term.
- We will provide full paid holidays (legal entitlement) plus we will allow for additional none-payed holidays.
- Flexible working from the office and home.
- Other staff benefits (staff outings, meals and office breakfast days).
If this sounds like you or you would like more information send your email or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org